Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, May 2, 2008

Tornadoes


Wear your shoes to bed - there are tornadoes in Virginia!!!

Over 200 people were injured in the past couple of days and something like 140 homes lost to the recent tornadoes which mostly focused around the south coast of Virginia (we are north.) We did get some of the rain from the storms but no wild weather here. At childcare my friend Lynda tells me that they make the children wear their shoes to sleep in just incase there is a tornadoe.

The homes in Virginia are mostly made from wood and plastic boards so it is no surprise to me, watching the pictures of the damaged houses that just look like the big bad wolf has blown them down. I much prefer my brick house at home - I know the story!

Also we are getting used to the weekly down pour. The grass is lush and green and occasionally we get a wet head and have a laugh. It's only 6 weeks until we come home, I will miss my easy life but Stu is looking forward to the comforts of home and the Canberra winter when we will rug up on the couch with a doona and a KoKo Black hot chocolate at night.

No comments: